Thursday, June 27, 2013

COOLEST SUNDAY EVER!!!!

Email: June 5, 2013

Well I dont know when Presidente Wolfgramm and Sorella Wolfgramm are going home...I thought it was the end of this transfer, so the 15th of June but other missionaries said he is leaving in the middle of next trasfrer. I will find out when I show up to the next zone confrence and see who is presidnent haha. He goes home somtime in the near future......boh!

Well it got warm finally! Its not hot just warm an a billion percent humitity! Im some what used to it but ask me again during Augut with 100% humidity!

Pictures are of my and Anziano Moh, who is the other district leader in Gorizia. We were on scambio and we took a picture of this gigantic bridge and really wanted to jump in....the water was so pretty! The second is of the welcome to gorzia sign, yeah pointless I know

Well my bike is in the repair shop. Yesterday morning I got approved for a new bike and was able to spend up to 90 Euro for a bike, I talked the gut down from 100 to 60! It was a used bike obviously but amazingly good. Well....it broke about 6 hours later so its back getting fixed for free because I argued and said I wasnt going to pay for it to get fixed. They finially agreed with me haha. The bearings went out on the peddles and so they stoped turning, thus, the  tire wouldnt turn, then me not going anywhere. Great fun with misison bikes! You have to love them! .....or just 100% hate them and just wish your family would send you your bike from home....please? hahaha

COOLEST SUNDAY EVER! Fast and testimony meeting was awesome and my mind almost blew up becuase at the end it was just the best thing EVER!!!! The members had good testimonies but then DaMaris, our simp gotr up and blew my mind! She is a member just with out baptsim, she is SO COOL! I love her! She got up and told her story that she drove past the church three times then just decieded to walk in becuase of the "voice in her head" The Holy Ghost! And loves the Book of Mormon and loves reading it for an hour every morning before work becuase it makes her happy and it applys to her life. Some of her quotes becuase I was basically writing down everything she said.
"She sees the bella differenza" now that she meets the missionaries and reads everyday.
"feels somthing she never has before" "the anziani, anziano Pagano and I, really care about me" "I know my prayers are heard and answered. That God wants, and is helping me with the parola di saggezza" She wants to "be the best she can be, the best DaMaris possible" "thke lord is helping her in her familiy and stoping her temptations" I just about died when she stood up to go and speak because I knew it would be great but she blew my mind! She is the coolest person ever! I cant even begin to describe the difference in her life and how much she cares about us, just becuase we care about her SO much! The last lesson on Sunday, we asked her if she read ,which she always responds, "yeah of course!" It almost seems pointless to ask her is she s keeping the commitments haha, but on Sunday, she said NO to the Book of Mormon reading! |Yeah I about had a heart attack! Then I said Perche?! and her response was "no becuase last lesson you told me I had to read the magazine, the Liahona confrence talks, and so I read it for the last two mornings" She is so great! She has finished the Liahona and is back to the Book of Mormon, and loved the Liahona as it "related to her and everyday life" Of course! Its the words of ture living day prophets! This church is true and changes lives!
ps, DaMaris brings us home made corn bread cookie things becuase she doesnt know what else to do to show her apprciation and love for us. she says its the only way she can pay us back for all we ar donig for her :)

To make it better, after Damaris talked, our newest member, William, gets up to finish off the time. He says he is so happy to be a member becuase of him, DaMaris found the church. William also said "I am so blessed to have the preisthood becuse its Gods power" He told the story that he found the church becuase his friend in Bari, a city in southen Italy, when he went to visit was meeting with the missionaries, he then got a little pridefull because he got baptized a month before his friend. It was kind funny, but just shows his dedication to the Lord and His true gosple. 

I was talking to an old man on the street, the first thing I noticed was his cool wool tie, I asked it I could trade ties with him, then he proceeded to untie his tie so I started to untie mine too to trade. Then he tells me to stop and just gives me his tie as long as I promised to tell all my friends in America that it is 100% Italian wool tie. I agreed and took his tie. Cool stuff happens when you are nice and friendly. Kinda like when we said hello to an old lady and asked if we could cary her speza, groceries, she said no but gave us a big chocolate bar! so fantastic.

We are teaching Maris, a lady who stopped us on the street, speaks, poor Italain and even worse English, she is from Gorgia, and we have one member who speaks russian so she traslates for the lessons. It so fun to teach her as most of the lesson is all traslated.

The district is great, we have had 30 new investigators and two bapatisms! Both of Italians! Baptismal interviews are super fun, expecially becuase the sorelle investigators are always super smart and have the strongest testimonies!

Well, I love you all!

Caio!
Anziano Edwards & Anziano Moh

No comments:

Post a Comment